A duty to protect seller and buyer's rights in sale transaction

Real estate service is not a profession for the faint-hearted as you want to sell more properties to earn your living and raise your career and family. The prime virtues are only the boldness, the bravery, and the willingness to take risks to succeed in real estate.

Heartfelt is the perfect adjective, every time I do a kind of transaction that is very risky. I am a seasoned real estate broker with five years of experience, but as the sales people would say, "You are as good as your last performance." I have been reading horror stories in real estate in various groups in Facebook to learn from their experiences, and also applying my wisdom in searching for answers from the Internet - from template documents, to statutory construction in legal writing, and reading the latest steps in the real estate service profession.

Real estate is not an easy investment for everyone. Here in the Philippines, there are over six million backlog in providing housing to the Filipino people, as of 2018. Investment is even a hard word for a common Filipino, that while economists proclaim that we are a upper middle income economy, I do not feel it that much. I think that economists must see in a different statistic - such as median or mode, and not mean.

A few months back, I had a transaction with my previous client, with the same role as a buyer to a property owned by someone else. I had to represent him in the best way possible.

Little did the buyer know, I took a big risk. The seller was a bit nervous to the transaction that he could not divulge everything to the buyer. I made a bold decision to trust also the seller side. 

I asked him what bothers him, and he told me things in secret. I did not disclose the seller's problems to the buyer I fully represent. I won the seller's trust but I am still vigilant and fully aware of the things that might happen. 

Luckily, the seller is religious and God-fearing. Bless him, and may God also bless me with more transactions this 2021. What a sidenote but I really mean it to myself. 

Fast forward, I see to it that everything happens in place. Signing, receiving the payment, notarizing the Deed of Absolute Sale and getting most documents took a day. Other transactions took another day. I was able to obtain all documents and clearances to the property my buyer has bought.

For this experience, I felt like I risked my life to save a transaction and protect the rights of seller and buyer. I am the soldier to my buyer, and a friendly neighbor to my seller. They gave me new assignments thereafter. It is a truly rewarding feeling.

The seller was interested to take a career in real estate. I cannot recommend it to him as he has his own set of passion and business. I just told him not to stop finding more clients to build his business.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Metro Manila Local Government Unit Offices

Get your certified true copy of title anywhere

Light Residences Boni Edsa Mandaluyong 1 bedroom with balcony condo for rent

Philippine banks with mobile check deposit for 2021

Robinsons Place Residences Ermita Manila 1 bedroom condo and parking slot for rent